Seattle City Light, a department of the City of Seattle, is one of the nation’s largest municipally owned utilities in terms of the number of customers served. Over the years we have worked very hard to keep Seattle’s electricity affordable, reliable, and environmentally sound. Today, City Light is a recognized national leader in energy efficiency and environmental stewardship.
Seattle City Light’s Generation Operations & Engineering Business Unit (GO&E) is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to join the Structural Engineering (SE) group. The Sr. Civil Engineer will perform structural and civil engineering design work for the entire utility, in addition to generation projects. There is a broad array of technical work the SE group performs, including structural calculations, design, inspections, and studies of hydroelectric plants, electrical transmission lines, distribution infrastructure, and substation facilities.
- Performs senior-level professional civil and structural engineering work for hydroelectric plants, electric transmission, distribution, and substation facilities.
- Oversees project progress from initial concepts through final design and construction.
- Serve as a project engineer on capital projects and other programs.
- Prepare civil and structural engineering designs as lead or project engineer, including calculations, plans, and technical specifications.
- Prepare or review structural calculations, engineering studies, project schedules, budgets, and cost estimates.
- Perform project coordination; prepare and/or be accountable for adherence to established project scopes,schedules and budgets.
- Prepare construction estimates, construction feasibility reviews, and budget documents.
- Review plans, specifications, special conditions, and agreements for work done to be completed by contractors, public agencies, and City Light crews.
- Review and check work submitted by consultants and contractors to make recommendations on its acceptability against scope, budget, and schedule.
- Prepare and administer consultant contracts, monitor contract progress, and review invoices for approval.
- Coordinate and review work done by contractors and utility crews.
- Perform activities in support of construction, such as reviewing submittals, aiding in resolution of field problems, preparing change order designs.
- Perform structural inspections and prepare field reports.
- Prepare preliminary engineering reports, design reports or similar documents.
- Oversee and/or prepare CAD drafting work for project designs.
- Lead a technical team doing any of the above work, including directing the work of other engineers.
- Serve as a technical expert in civil and structural engineering specialty areas.
- Make presentations and serve as team leader on special projects or other assignments as required.
- Self-manage work load and schedule depending on project requirements.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Periodically travel to remote project sites in conjunction with project responsibilities.
- Career Level: Experienced Professional
- Experience: 10-year
- Salary: 200000
- Job Type: Experienced Professional
- Qualification: BTech
- Language/s: English,
- Current Washington State Driver's License or evidence of equivalent mobility.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Washington.
Benefits / Allowances
- Company Car